Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oh, The Delays...

We've been steadily wearing our cousin and her husband down (Prepping for the trip ostensibly but somehow that also involves drinking them under the table) as my title and registration seems to be lost in bureaucratic limbo. I've been told that Wednesday is the magical day but I may have to do a quick round trip to L.A. to pick it up. Joy.

In the meantime we've been doing some judicious packing and planning. Josh built his paniers from Pelican Cases and sheet metal then affixed them to his bike with ready-built mounts. He's still waiting for a clutch handle to fix his horribly bent one, but he did replace the linkage so now it doesn't take a steroid-laden meat-head to switch gears.

img_9436.jpg
I'm pretty much packed as well but have run into an unforeseen problem; I don't have enough stuff to fill the paniers so things kinda just slosh around. So I bought a sleeping bag to stuff in there as well.

img_9430.jpg

On the tech side Race Optics has agreed to sponsor us with a Helmet cam to keep you kids in the riders' seat and Nokia has sent me the N93 multimedia device, aka cellphone, which has a 3.2 MP camera and the capability to directly upload to this blog. Also, JVC has sent out a camcorder for your viewing pleasure. Stay tuned for videos...

img_9425.jpg

img_9434.jpg
Oh, and I'm doing a review of the Garmin Zumo 550 motorcycle GPS unit for a month that should be really useful for me and informative for everyone else.