Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Books

Obviously I won't have too much time while riding to do much reading but during the downtimes it might be nice to be sent a book by someone who wants to influence this trip from a literary standpoint so in that spirit you could contact me directly to get my whereabouts. Since we'll be trying to keep the weight of the bikes to a minimum I can't take many with me (other than one on travel medicine, one on survival, and a guidebook to the immediate country) and probably won't have a chance to return them to you (and they'll probably be torn and tattered and soaking wet upon return) so don't send me any first editions or anything.

Here's my Amazon.com Wish List in case you want to get any of these for me: My Amazon.com Wish List

Also, an interesting and actually utilitarian alternative are audiobooks since I'll be able to listen to them on my iPod whilst riding (I promise that is the last Britishism I shall use. D'oh.)

You could be kind via iTunes or perhaps audible.com. Thanks and please send me suggestions otherwise!